Friday, October 6, 2017
1:00pm-4:00pm (3 CE hrs)
Speaker: Michael Nazareth, MD, PhD, FAAD
This course is recommended for everyone.
This talk will discuss common dermatologic conditions and treatments. There will be an informative review of the three major types of skin cancer and the current management of them, as many cases occur on the head/neck and can be diagnosed at early stages by dentists. An additional focus of the talk will be on skin conditions that can have oral findings. Ultimately, this course is designed to better foster optimal co-management of patients between dentists and dermatologists.
- Gain an understanding of common dermatologic conditions and treatments
- Recognize the three major types of skin cancer and current management of them
- Understand immunobullous diseases that are important for dermatologists and dentists
- Understanding skin conditions that can have oral findings
- Optimizing co-management of patients between dentists and dermatologists
Michael Nazareth, MD, PhD, FAAD, is the President of Western New York Dermatology and a Board Certified Dermatologist. He earned a B.S. in biology at Canisius College, and then went on to the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences where he earned his MD and PhD degrees. He then completed a dermatology residency at SUNY Buffalo, during which time he trained at RPCI, WCHOB, BGMC, and the VA. He was chief resident in the final year of his residency training. Dr. Nazareth is a member of the AAD, the SPD, the ASDS, the AMA, and the MSSNY.
In this presentation, Dr. Nazareth does not refer to products of a commercial company with which he has a significant relationship.